Senior Systems Administrator
Invesco is one of the world’s leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Portfolio Pathway based out of Warrenville, IL is a wealth management platform provider with a strong reputation for providing portfolio management, rebalancing, trading, fee billing and third-party manager capabilities, currently providing services to 800,000+ platform accounts representing over $34 billion in assets.
In this role you will Administer Active Directory, Office 365, PRTG network monitor, Hyper V, Azure backups, and WSUS. Fundamentally you will manage hardware and software environments (Windows 10, Windows Server 2012-2019 and SQL Server) while being responsible for creating and maintaining process docs, end user guides and audit reports for management. You will also research new solutions to business issues.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Manage all aspects of global datacenter capacity planning including tech refreshes, quarterly purchases, deployments and lab consolidations
- Partner with stakeholders on solutions to business problems such as leveraging the footprint in the datacenter with newer and more reliable cloud solutions
- Manage hardware deployment cycles and ensured stakeholder requirements were met
- Manage and administer Windows platforms globally
- Manage work flow via the ticketing system and train/lead System administrators as needed
- Manage implementing security and policy initiatives
- Experience with auditing security and systems
Work Experience / Knowledge
- 7+ years of progressive system engineering/administration experience
- Strong working knowledge in Data Centers, Private Cloud, Virtualization, Windows, PowerShell and Azure and AWS
- Familiarity in working with software development teams
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Passionate problem-solving mindset;
- Reputation for getting things done;
- Strong sense of ownership; and
- Desire to learn and grow
- Strong Networking experience
- Strong group policy management
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
Formal Education (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent years of direct experience required
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible, and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.