Financial Data Analyst
Portfolio Pathway is a fast-growing software company serving the financial services industry. We offer exciting employment opportunities within a fast-paced, casual, and fun work environment.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Analyst Team. This person’s primary responsibility will be to identify, analyze and repair data discrepancies, as well as provide possible solutions to eliminate future discrepancies.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Provide root cause analysis to understand why data discrepancies occurred, additional impacts, and what can be done to prevent in the future
- Analyze and identify trends that will streamline reconciliation process and improve data integrity
- Work with developers to prevent future discrepancies and streamline process
- Analyze import and exports for issue resolution and enhancements
- Analyze internal systems for enhancements
- Write up bugs and backlog items for developers
- Review and maintain audits designed to highlight data exceptions
- Provide assistance to the Advisor Support Team and ensure client requests are executed in a timely manner
- Assist with reconciliation of cash, security positions, and market values within internal systems to custodian records and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all systems necessary to carry out daily responsibilities
- Participate in various projects and perform special duties as needed
ADDITIONAL SKILLS NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to troubleshoot issues utilizing creative/analytical thinking skills
- Strong issue resolution skills – proactive issue prevention and timely, thorough reaction to issues
- Continuously striving to add value
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 4 years of experience within the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Experience with a Portfolio Management System such as Advent’s AXYS or Portfolio Center (Centerpiece) preferred
- Investment/Brokerage operations experience knowledge a plus
- Experience with documenting user stories and acceptance criteria a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel a plus
Job Type: Full-time, approximately 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Job Location: Warrenville, IL conveniently located less than 1 mile from I-88 exit.
If you are interested, please email Kim Rubin at email@example.com